So this morning I whipped these absolutely dee-lish pancakes up. It took longer than expected as I made a couple of stupid extra-curricular adjustments to the recipe, which ended in a disaster and my house nearly going up in flames.
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT add frozen blueberries to the pancake mixture before you cook them…
This is the result:
The third time round they were spot on and took all of 15 minutes to throw together, cook and scoff. No measuring needed.
Ingredients: (Makes 4 pancakes – I ate them all!)
- 3 big dollops of full fat Greek yogurt.
- 1 egg
- 2 heaped table spoons of wholemeal flour
- Half a teaspoon of baking soda
- A squeeze of lemon
- Coconut oil to fry
- Another dollop of full fat Greek yogurt
- A drizzle of honey
- Frozen blueberries (get them out of the freezer 15 mins before).
Frozen blueberries are not only cheaper, they last longer and once slightly thawed they provide a lovely syrupy sauce for the pancakes. Always keep frozen berries in the freezer folks. Best for smoothies, on the top of porridge, with yogurt and lots more. My kids like eating them frozen too.
How to make these delightful little pancakes:
- Bung everything in a bowl and mix it up to make a smooth batter
- Add coconut oil to pan and heat until hot – be careful it’s extremely flammable as I found out this morning!
- Drop 3 dessert spoonful’s of the mixture into the middle of the pan
- Cook on one side for a couple of minutes and then flip over.
- Cook for a further couple of minutes. Flip again if necessary, until they are lovely golden colour.
- Stick pancake one on a plate
- Top with a dollop of the yogurt, the blueberries and a drizzle of honey.
And then tuck in! Ideally in an empty room otherwise you’ll have to share them and you won’t want any grubby little hands on these!