Welcome to the Girl About Yorkshire website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following policies below govern by Girl About Yorkshire’s relationship with you in relation to this website.
Girl About Yorkshire reserves the right to periodically update or modify its policies. Any changes to these policies will be posted on Girl About Yorkshire’s website. The revised policies will apply to the website from the time of the updated policies.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and content – photography, copy and video. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is provided “as is” and the information is provided by Girl About Yorkshire and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Use of our website
When visiting and using our website you must ensure any information (including personal) that you send to us either via the website or relation to the website is accurate, true and non-misleading. Any data we send you is confidential and you should not use this data to contact any individuals, persons, entities or companies. You are permitted to use our website for your own purposes and to print and download material from this Website provided that you do not modify any content without our consent. Material on this website must not be republished online or offline without our permission. The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website are owned by us or our licensors and must not be reproduced without our prior consent. You must not use our website in any way of the following:
- Use the name website in any way that would be illegal, fraudulent, harmful or unlawful, or in connection with any illegal, fraudulent, harmful or unlawful purpose or activity.
- You must not perform any kind of data collection of our website this includes but not limited to data mining/harvesting/extraction.
- You must not use our website to send, copy, store, host, transmit, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of or is linked to any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
Girl About Yorkshire reserve the right to alter, change or discontinue any or all of our website services. This includes stopping publishing to our website. This can be at any time and is at our sole discretion. This can be without notice or explanation. If this happens you will not be entitled to any sort of compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any of our website services, or if we stop publishing to our website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Girl About Yorkshire we have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Girl About Yorkshire takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Exceptions and Limitations
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation any; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful that would be to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. The extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Law and Jurisdiction
This Legal Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute(s) arising in connection with this Legal Notice are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of England and Wales.
What are Cookies
A cookie is a very small text file containing a string of letters and numbers that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser on your computer.
These Cookies will be stored on your computer by a web browser and will remain valid until a set expiry date. this would be invalid if deleted by the user before that expiry date.
These are created when a user visits a website and will expire at the end of that user session. this will be when the web browser has been closed by the user.
Third Party Cookies
These are created when a user visits a website, these Cookies are provided by third parties on our behalf the reason for this is so we can research the use of our website. this could involve both session and persistent cookies, these Cookies do not store any personal information.
You have a number of options when it comes to receiving cookies. you can set your browser to reject all Cookies, to allow only ‘trusted’ sites to send them, or accept only those Cookies from websites you are currently using. We recommend you don’t block all Cookies as parts of our website won’t work correctly without them.
When visiting the Girl About Yorkshire website or contacting Girl About Yorkshire we will:
- Respect your privacy and confidentiality,
- Keep your personal details secure from unauthorised access, use or disclosure; and
- Not sell, rent, trade or otherwise knowingly share or provide your personal information to any third party except insofar as legally obliged to do so.
- Only use your information in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
What we collect
Girl About Yorkshire may collect and store the following limited personal information:
What we collect:
- Information about your computer and your visits to our website.
- Information you provide to us when signing up/subscribing to The Girl About Yorkshire newsletter or specific contact forms
- Information you provide to us when using any of our services on our website.
- Information you send to us through our website relating to any communication between you the user and us
- Information that you provide when making a purchase or transaction on our website for any of our services, this includes, your name, address, telephone number, email address and card details.
- Any other information you would send to us as part of using our website or services.
The information you provide is voluntarily, but if you disclose to us the personal information of any other, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
What we do with the information we gather
The personal information that you submit to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified within this policy or on the relevant web pages of the website. We may use your personal information to:
- Administer and personalise our website and business for you.
- Enable you to use the services available on our website.
- To supply our services to you this could be free of charge or purchased by you on our website.
- Collect payments from you where specified by us.
- Ability to send you non-marketing communications.
- The ability to send you emails that you have requested or that are automatically sent by an action you undertook on our website.
- The ability to send any email marketing or newsletter, only if you have requested it. (you can either unsubscribe from our newsletter by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the page or you can contact us at any time if you do not want to be sent these communications).
- The ability to send you normal or marketing communications relating to our business, that may be of interest to you, this can be via post or any other technology that you the user has agreed to. (You can contact us at any time if you do not want to be sent these communications).
- We may provide third parties with analytical or statistical information about our website use or users. (These third parties will not be able to identify any individual from that data).
- Complete any enquirers made by you or any complaints you the user may have with our website.
- Prevent fraud and keep our website secure at all times.
Controlling your personal Information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- with the extent we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; or
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Storage of personal information you provide will be either on our secure internal network which is also secured by a password and firewall.
You the user will acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is and can be inherently insecure, and that we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Access to Information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Girl About Yorkshire can provide you with a copy of any information that The Girl About Yorkshire maintains about you by writing to us via our registered office address.
You can contact us to update any personal information we hold about you that would need updating.
This website contains hypertext links to external websites. Girl About Yorkshire is not responsible for the privacy policies operated by the owners of those sites and does not accept responsibility for any information obtained by third parties as a result of use by you of such hypertext links.
About Girl About Yorkshire
This website address is owned and operated by:
Registered Business Address:
All About the Story Ltd,
9 Barrowby Close